You Can Make a Difference
As a whole, the health of our community is shaped by the social and political institutions which govern it. These institutions provide structure and services through which all individuals should be able to access resources for creating a healthy life.
Today, Rochester finds itself in a scenario where failing institutional structures have caused the disparity gap to widen so extensively in urban areas, that additional support is needed. According to recent studies, forty-seven percent of Rochester city dwellers live in neighborhoods of extreme poverty. It is clear that sustainable living options for have become increasingly limited for our urban youth and families, in essence, limiting overall growth of a productive community. For example:
· Lack of career opportunities, income and as a result, healthy living options
· A near complete loss of government funding to support positive youth and family development.
· An increase in epidemics of childhood physical and mental health concerns
· Intensified ecological health concerns associated with lack of personal connection to the land
· Dissolution of safe and supportive community environments
Earthworks approaches these problems from a perspective that it knows best – connecting people to their land and each other. There is a growing body of research which indicates that young people without a connection to nature – or an understanding of their place in the natural world – are less creative, less adapt at problem solving, and have hampered emotional and intellectual development. Because we know that every child, despite income level or location of residence deserves a bright future, we offer our best opportunities for children to realize success.
We empower young people by giving them the skills and knowledge necessary build a healthier community through active citizenry and principled leadership.
By making a donation to Earthworks Institute, you are helping to make a difference!
Support Us While you Shop!
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com.